Monday, November 24, 2008

My cup is somewhere at the bottom of the Ocean

This is to be an interesting blog. I have much to be grateful for, but right now, I'm grateful to be alive and able bodied. I had a bad collision just a few hours ago on Canyon road, and my car is probably totalled. The airbag went off, and it was the most dramatic crash I have yet been involved in.

I realize a little shakily now how grateful I am to be alive. I love life. I deeply and truly love my friends and especially my family. The Lord is so infinitely good to me. He is merciful and patient, gracious and understanding, to those who trust in him. What ridiculous wealth, prosperity, and happiness are all around us! I am especially grateful for the happiness. Prosperity is not a fair means for measuring happiness; some of the most miserable people on earth are the wealthiest. But with the bounty we as Americans enjoy, we as Latter-Day Saints ALSO have reason to be SOOOOO happy! It is easy to lose sight of, but there are truths we have that justify our being the happiest people on earth, collectively.

I am grateful for prophets. Where would we be without revelation! In utter darkness and confusion. Much of the world is. I am grateful for the knowledge by the Spirit that I have, that God does again speak to prophets on the earth for the benefit of His children. There is so very much to be grateful for! This is the best holiday ever! and it really is what you make it.

My cup is done running over, it's basically drowned. I think many people are in my state as well, and how wonderful it is to ponder.

I am alive. I will not always be. I almost wasn't tonight. But today is a gift, and what a gift it is.

P.S. I am also grateful for food. It is delicious. :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm really glad you're ok! And I agree, food is delicious!

Kurt H said...

Nice little tie-in at the end there! Good to hear you're ok man!

Scott said...

That is why some people choose to drive CR-V's :) Nothing like a life-or-death experience to freshen your perspective. Can't say I have had something similar, but I have had other experiences that have changed my outlook on things forever. Glad something good came out of it!

Anonymous said...

oh man i love life threatening car wrecks! jk man but i have had my fair share of them and that was a great tie in!