Friday, October 31, 2008

What's Yo' Style?

Someone once asked Ralph Waldo Emerson, "What's your favorite book?" His alleged response was "I can no more remember the books I have read than I can remember the meals I have eaten, but both have made me.
I feel the same way about my personal style. I can't remember all the books and articles I have read throughout my short life, but I do know they have affected me and made my style what it is today.

Betimes I tend to use big words, even when they aren't needed. I share with Neal A. Maxwell a friendly faddish for alliteration. I write songs and sing, so rhyme and rhythm are engrained in my psyche.

These are all important elements of my style. What is interesting to ponder is that we as college freshman aren't done growing up yet. Is our style already set for life? Or are we going to change over time? I guess only time can tell.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

P. Mo nice job I totally agree with you on this!

Jenn said...

If my style is already set for life, I'm in trouble!

Dria said...

Good point; I think personal style is a dynamic thing. I know that my style, in many respects, has changed over the years.

Roxanne said...

your opening point is soo true!
good job :)

jsashby said...

You are what you eat